Dr. Alexandra Simotas is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She graduated with Honors in Biochemistry from the University of Texas at Austin. She received her Medical Degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center -Houston and was recognized with honors.
Dr. Simotas trained at the Baylor College of Medicine -Anesthesiology Department and completed her Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency at the University of New Mexico – Albuquerque.
Honors and Awards:
- H-Texas Magazine “Houston’s Top Doctor” in 2012 and 2013
- Chairwoman, Cyprus Fairbanks Medical Center OB/GYN department since 2012
- Vice President of the Hellenic Medical Society of Texas
- Chief Administrative Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque
- Director of multiple educational and credentialing committees
- Instructor of Professional Seminars for Physicians
- Host of “Her Sex, Her Health ” radio show on FM 90.1 KPFT
- Houston Chronicle medical blog writer
- Provided charity care for Hurricane Katrina victims
- Works with children with disabilities